The city you pick assumes a noteworthy job in satisfying your dreams! These are the best Indian cities to Live and Work.
We know it is very hard to select a city if you are searching for a perfect place in India to switch your job or if you’re simply starting your fresh career. Well, to be honest, there is nothing called “a perfect city” because we all have different priorities. Still, it is always advisable to search for a city with good job opportunities, a sizable number of companies, promising salary growth, good public transport, and with modern aesthetics. All this can help in bringing extensive balance, comfort, and happiness in your life.
Picking between a small town with a low cost of living and a Metropolitan with several luxuries on offer is constantly an overwhelming assignment. In this post, we have attempted our best to embody the 10 Best Indian Cities to Live in for Jobs, Career, and better Employment. We have taken the help of many selected reports, articles, surveys, and studies in creating this list. This will assist you in deciding upon the best city in India to live according to your preferences.
Best Indian City to Live and Work in 2020
- Almost one-third of the respondent in a study expressed Hyderabad as their preferred work goal as it is home to enormous organizations like Google, Facebook, and Microsoft.
- It is always a happening place for aspiring IT or Software Professionals. The highest paying industry in Hyderabad is IT Consulting. The overall average pay stands at INR 489,505. Their employment growth rate here is around 10%.
- This city has become a hotspot goal for a ton of experts in India to appreciate an extraordinary degree of work-life balance. There are a large number of organizations that offer great employment in the fields of pearl trade, IT, automation, AI and ML, electronics, etc.
- The city is driving the IT revolution for India and is also called the “Silicon Valley of India”. It boasts of a nice climate and a happening social life. As per a recent study by Aspiring Minds Research Cell, 7 out of 10 engineering students in India will prefer Bangalore as their first job city and 75% of engineering graduates consider it a preferred destination to work.
- It is one of the most generously compensated city. Studies show that the general normal (yearly) pay rates in Bangalore are really good. A portion of the Top paid profiles is that of Project Managers (IT), Project Managers (Software Development), Senior Software Engineer.
- The presence of companies having a global reputation has made the city one of the most favored job destinations in India. Plenty of big organizations like Oracle, Microsoft, IBM, KPMG, Hitachi, Wipro, Infosys, Accenture, etc. have their offices and headquarters here. These organizations, on the other hand, have designed pay packets that are on par with the high standards of living in the city. No doubt Bengaluru is one of the finest cities in India to live and work.
- Mumbai is the capital of Maharashtra and is known as “The City of Dreams” because of enormous opportunities.
- It is the wealthiest city in India. Although the average cost for basic items is very high here because of the nourishment, food, and renting costs and the life is very testing here yet it draws talent from all over the nation over and once individuals get changed by the culture and lifestyle, Mumbai becomes home. Major parts of chances are in production, fabrication, logistics, IT, medicinal services, textile, and entertainment.
- A large number of India’s conglomerates (including Larsen and Toubro, State Bank of India, Life Insurance Corporation of India, Tata Group, Godrej and Reliance), and five of the Fortune Global 500 organizations are situated in Mumbai. Overall, individuals earn INR 498,475 on average and alongside with a great extravaganza lifestyle!
4. New Delhi
- The national capital is viewed as perhaps one of the finest locations where one can search for jobs. This city is known to be the commercial center point of North India and it is gaining immense popularity for new entrant job markets because of the opportunities, lifestyle, and connectivity.
- It is the place of all outstanding government offices, embassies, and consulates. Key service industries that offer maximum jobs are government institutions, information technology, telecommunications, hotels, banking, media, and business enterprise.
- Delhi is gaining a lot of popularity for newcomers to start their career with a decent average salary and job satisfaction.
- This Pune city is considered the second-biggest city in Maharashtra after Mumbai which is only 150 km distant.
- The city is financially rich with various sectors, like IT, electronics, research-based industries, automotive industry, and technology-based industries.
- The normal compensation here is INR 530,918 and the city is getting home to some of the sharpest talents in different sectors as an incredible spot to live and work because of the ample opportunities. It is one of the best Indian city to live and work.
- The city has risen as the best city in Business Today’s study because of the unprecedented employment growth rate. Gurugram or Gurgaon is also called “The Cyber City of India”.
- The city is infamous for its hazardous air quality but at the same time very well known for its tremendous openings for work. Most of the experts have a salary between 3-10 lakhs here and the normal compensations are nearly INR 750,000 every year. The outstanding per capita salary and credit development rate of this city is also noteworthy. Major utilizing segments are Banking, Consulting, and IT.
- Vicinity to Delhi and Noida and incredible network with the street and rapid metro makes life easy. There are various associations that give magnificent work offices to capable representatives for showing them their talent.
- Capital of Tamil Nadu, this city is the central command for many South Indian organizations and along these lines, one can secure various position openings here.
- Language could be an issue. The people are friendly, the rentals are affordable and public transport is really good. The nearness of huge names like Ashok Leyland, TVS Group, BMW, Hyundai, Cognizant, Wipro, Accenture, MRF, and so forth has helped the city’s presence in the worldwide market.
- With a great employment development rate, credit development pace, median compensation, and per capita salary, this city is surely a great place to switch for a job or to begin your professional life.
- Noida is developing as a solid city for IT experts and Electronics in North India.
- The per capita salary and the employment growth rate in Noida is tremendous. Aside from IT, there are great open doors for individuals related to metal, producing, substantial mechanical advancement, investigation, supplements, solid, drug, nourishment taking care of, farming, hardware, textures, and jute, etc.
- With a normal compensation of INR 500,000 every year, freshers can look for interesting opportunities in this city.
- Chandigarh is a beautifully planned Union territory which is directly controlled by the government of India. It is also the capital of Punjab and Haryana.
- It is one of the quickest developing, planned cities. The Telecommunications industry and IT remains the best paying industry here.
- With enormous open doors for development and chances for youthful people, the per capita pay is among the most noteworthy in the city. It is one of the best Indian cities to live and work.
- Ahmedabad is the largest city in Gujarat and is only 25 km from the capital – Gandhinagar. A very peaceful place in India to live with good opportunities.
- The city has risen as a financial and mechanical center point in India because of late made enormous development in the IT area. The employment growth rate and the per capita pay are also satisfactory enough followed by low rent and expenditures.
- It’s a decent quiet city with adequate openings and development potential outcomes to begin your profession or for exchanging work.
Reliable infrastructure, visible sustainability, robust economy, loads of job opportunities, and development which satisfies the needs and demands of millennials and working-class are the key features of all the cities mentioned above. After going through the ranking of the 10 best Indian cities to live and work, you must have got a fair idea about which city may meet your requirements and provide you with the most suitable opportunities for growth and sustainability.
Frequently Asked Questions on Best Indian Cities to Live and Work —
1. Which is the safest city in India to Live?
Answer: According to Mercer’s ranking of 2019, Chennai ranks 105th in the world and 1st in India as the safest city.
2. Which is the best city to live in India?
Answer: Hyderabad is the best city to live in India. Also, according to Mercer’s quality of living ranking 2019, Hyderabad ranks 143rd in the world and 1st in India.
3. Which are the best cities in India for working and living?
Answer: Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Mumbai, Delhi, Pune, and Gurugram are the best cities to live and work in India. They carry huge job opportunities and offer robust growth and development. Also, the quality of life is good in these cities.